1/10/13

I Completed Chapter One of "Desperate"

Hi Everyone!  I thought I'd give an update on how my reading was going with the book "Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe ".  I said I'd be going through the book and posting, and so here goes!  I LOVE the book.  I can do just what the front of the book says - breathe!  It's amazing how much we think we are the only one going through something, or the only one with insecurities in motherhood or life in general, but guess what, we aren't alone.

And because of that, women that have been through things that are hard, such as motherhood, are stepping up, and are sharing encouragement and motivations to mothers.  Thanks Sally and Sarah Mae, for opening up your hearts and sharing the hardships, but then also sharing the encouragement and "deep digging" that will help everyone.  This book is not a pitty party book, it's what I like to call an empathy book, with solutions.  It's not an instruction manual, but points to THE life giver named Jesus Christ.

So far, I have written out my insecurities and fears related to being a mom, and have written a prayer asking God to be my recharging station, my rock, my fortress.  The two foundational verses in Chapter 1 are Matthew 11:28 and Isaiah 41:10.

Isaiah 41:10 says  "Do not fear for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."  

Matthew 11:28 states "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."

I realize that my fears of not being a "good enough mom", anxiety about housekeeping, or fears about judgement from friends about any of my insecurities, are all just lies of the enemy.  The Lord tells me to take every scrap of worry, fear and anxiety to him.  He says "Come to Me...", and I come to Him and fall into His arms.

~Shanna~

Other Post about "Desperate"

No comments: