1/2/13

Cornbread Chicken Casserole, YUM!

So, tonight, I decided to try mixing a few things together, and came up with Shanna's Cornbread Chicken Casserole!  It was SO delicious, if I don't say so myself!  My husband agreed!  Here's what is needed:

1 and 1/2 - 8.5 oz boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix (DON'T follow instructions on box)
2 Eggs
2 tsp Season Salt 
1/3 Cup of Milk
1-1lb Bag Individually Frozen Chicken Tenders
1 tsp Salt
1- 8 oz Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese (sliced)
13 by 9 baking pan
Pam cooking spray

Instructions:
Mix cornbread, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup of milk, and salt in a bowl.  Set aside.  Cut chicken tenders into large chunks.  Lightly spray 13 by 9 pan with Pam.  Spread out the chicken tender chunks in pan.  Pour cornbread mixture over the frozen chunks.  Sprinkle Season Salt across the top of the casserole.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (and make sure chicken is completely cooked - cook times may vary depending on the oven).  When done, remove pan and place the slices of Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese across the casserole.  Bake an additional 2 minutes to slightly melt the cheese.  

Enjoy!  Leave a comment to let us know how yours turned out! 



Happy New Year from our family to yours!!
Shanna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made this tonight with a few modifications and it was divine! I seasoned the chicken up with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Added a layer of frozen peas on top the chicken and topped the cheesy layer with more paprika and parsley. It was so good! Thank you Shannon!

Shanna (EasyDoesIt321) said...

That's great! I'm glad you liked it! I like your version of the recipe. I'm going to have to try that!!! :)